1½ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold & cut into small cubes
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream, cold
2 tablespoons Sweet Like Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup GOOD GOOD Strawberry Jam
½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cold unsalted butter.
- Cut the butter into the flour with pastry blender or with fingers until pea sized crumbs form.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, Sweet Like Sugar and vanilla extract and mix with silicon spatula to a batter consistency.
- Scoop up spoonfuls of batter and on to the baking sheet with 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let your cakes rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then let them cool for 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the whipped cream. Mix the cold heavy cream using a hand mixer until soft peaks forms. Add Sweet Like Sugar and vanilla extract and whip further until stiff peaks form.
- Once the shortcake has cooled down, spread whipped cream over each piece of shortcake and top with sliced strawberries, then add another layer of cake on top. Top the cake with whipped cream, a dollop of strawberry jam and strawberry slices as garnish on top.
- Serve immediately as a dessert or refrigerate until serving.